Pennsylvanians Against Fracking is a statewide coalition of groups representing a diversity of issues, backgrounds and locations, united in the mission of achieving a ban on fracking in the commonwealth.
The first goal of the coalition is to enact a moratorium on fracking throughout Pennsylvania. This halt to drilling must include the following provisions:
• No new wells;
• No new fracking-related infrastructure;
• Comprehensive studies of environmental, health and safety impacts. These studies should be independent of oil and gas industry influence, and peer-reviewed by relevant experts.
We will accomplish our goal through tactics and strategies such as:
• Educating the public of the need for a statewide moratorium;
• Pressuring the governor, the Pennsylvania legislature, and other relevant agencies or decision-makers to institute a statewide moratorium;
• Building the power and diversity of our movement through inclusive and unbiased outreach throughout the state.
Join the Coalition!
This is a coalition for any organization, group, business or institution that supports a hault to fracking in Pennsylvania. To that end, we welcome any local, state, or national:
• civic group;
• faith institution;
• hospital or other health institution;
• professional association;
• labor union;
• political club;
• nonprofit organization;
• outdoors group;
• social justice group;
• farm, restaurant, brewery, winery or other food producer.
View the list of current Pennsylvanians Against Fracking members here!